Nonlinear optical process in the XUV region is of paramount importance not only in the field of quantum electronic but also in ultrafast optics. From the viewpoint of quantum electronics, new features of the interaction between intense XUV photons and matters are expected to be revealed through observation of those nonlinear phenomena. On the other hand, those nonlinear processes in the XUV region is indispensable for progress of attosecond science including attosecond atomic/molecular physics and chemistry, because it is very useful for investigating ultrafast phenomena directly in attosecond time scale. Using high harmonic generation by intense femtosecond laser technology, we are pursuing extreme optical science including XUV nonlinear optics and attosecond physics/chemistry.
Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering, Physics, Engineering
Attosecond Science, Ultrafast Lasers, Strong Field Physics, Nonlinear Optics、Multiphoton Microscopy
- Generation and measurement of attosecond pulses
- Attosecond dynamics in atoms and molecules
- XUV nonlinear optics
- Ultrashort intense laseers
- Multiphoton microscopy
High-energy three-color optical waveform synthesizer for generating GW isolated attosecond pulses
- Fu Y., Yuan B. H., Midorikawa K., Lan P., and Takahashi E. J., “Toward GW-scale isolated attosecond pulses far beyond carbon K-edge driven by mid-infrared waveform synthesizer,” App. Sci. 8, 2451 (2018).
- Nabekawa, Y., Furukawa, Y., Okino, T., Eilanlou, A. A., Takahashi, E. J., Yamanouchi, K., and Midorikawa, K.: "Sub-10-fs control of dissociation pathways in the hydrogen molecular ion with a few-pulse attosecond pulse train, Nat. Commun. 7, 12835 (2016).
- Okino, T., Furukawa, Y., Nabekawa, Y., Miyabe, S., Eilanlou, A. A., Takahashi, E. J., Yamanouchi, K., and Midorikawa, K.: "Direct observation of an attosecond electron wave packet in a nitrogen molecule," Science Advances 1, e1500356 (2015).
- Takahashi, E. J., Lan, P., Mücke, O. D., Nabekawa, Y., and Midorikawa, K.: “Attosecond nonlinear optics using gigawatt-scale isolated attosecond pulses,” Nat. Commun. 4, 2691 (2013).
- Takahashi, E. J., Kanai, T., Ishikawa, K. L., Nabekawa, Y., and Midorikawa, K.: “Coherent water window x-ray by phase-matched high-order harmonics”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 253901 (2008).
|Katsumi Midorikawa||Team Leader|
|Tohru Kobayashi||Senior Research Scientist|
|Yutaka Nagata||Senior Research Scientist|
|Yasuo Nabekawa||Senior Research Scientist|
|Eiji Takahashi||Senior Research Scientist|
|Tomoya Okino||Research Scientist|
|Keisuke Isobe||Research Scientist|
|Yuxi Fu||Research Scientist|
|Takashige Fujiwara||Research Scientist|
|Yu-Chieh Lin||Special Postdoctoral Researcher|
|Bing Xue||Postdoctoral Researcher|
|Tomohiro Ishikawa||Junior Research Associate|
|Kotaro Nishimura||Junior Research Associate|
|Takiko Wakabayashi||Technical Assistant|