Our team develops state-of-the-art frequency-tunable THz-wave sources which exploit new THz-wave application fields. A nonlinear optical process is utilized for realizing the THz-wave source which lights up the THz-wave gray zone, and our original design and method will be demonstrated. We develop THz sources with high output, wide tunability, high stability and narrow linewidth.
Active collaboration with both internal and external research groups is carried out for exploring new applications by development of instrument combined with new THz-wave sources. Advanced THz-wave technologies are also being developed in cooperation with industry to establish practical THz-wave sources and technologies in the world.
Engineering, Interdisciplinary science and engineering
Development of kilo-watt-power Terahertz-wave source, Sensitive Terahertz-wave detection, Terahertz-wave applications, Nondestructive measurements, Nonlinear optics
- High-output, frequency-agile, ultra-widely tunable THz-wave sources
- High-sensitive THz-wave detection
- THz-wave applications using frequency-agile THz-wave sources
- THz spectroscopic database
Backward terahertz parametric oscillator（left） and organic nonlinear crystals（right）
- Notake, T., Iyoda, T., Arikawa, T., Tanaka, K., Otani, C., and Minamide, H.: "Dynamical visualization of anisotropic electromagnetic re-emissions from a single metal micro-helix at THz frequencies", Scientific Reports 11, Article number: 3310, pp. 1-7 (2021).
- Takida,* Y., Nawata,* K., and Minamide, H.: “Security screening system based on terahertz-wave spectroscopic gas detection”, Opt. Express Vol. 29 Issue 2, pp. 2529-2537 (2021). (*equal contribution)
- Han, Z., Ohno, S., and Minamide, H.: “Spectral phase singularity in a transmission-type double-layer metamaterial” , Optica Vol. 7 No. 12, pp.1721-1728 (2020).
- Takida, Y., Suzuki S., Asada M., and Minamide H.: “Sensitive terahertz-wave detector responses originated by negative differential conductance of resonant-tunneling-diode oscillator”, Appl. Phys. Lett. Vol. 117 Issue 2, 021107 (2020).
- Takida, Y., Nawata, K., and Minamide, H.: “Injection-seeded backward terahertz-wave parametric oscillator”, APL Photonics Vol. 5 Issue 6, 061301 (2020).
|Hiroaki Minamide||Team Leader|
|Takashi Notake||Research Scientist|
|Kouji Nawata||Research Scientist|
|Yuma Takida||Research Scientist|
|Seigo Ohno||Visiting Scientist|
|Yoshikiyo Moriguchi||Visiting Scientist|