Our team develops state-of-the-art frequency-tunable THz-wave sources which exploit new THz-wave application fields. A nonlinear optical process is utilized for realizing the THz-wave source which lights up the THz-wave gray zone, and our original design and method will be demonstrated. We develop THz sources with high output, wide tunability, high stability and narrow linewidth.
Active collaboration with both internal and external research groups is carried out for exploring new applications by development of instrument combined with new THz-wave sources. Advanced THz-wave technologies are also being developed in cooperation with industry to establish practical THz-wave sources and technologies in the world.
Engineering, Interdisciplinary science and engineering
Development of kilo-watt-power Terahertz-wave source, Sensitive Terahertz-wave detection, Terahertz-wave applications, Nondestructive measurements, Nonlinear optics
- High-output, frequency-agile, ultra-widely tunable THz-wave sources
- High-sensitive THz-wave detection
- THz-wave applications using frequency-agile THz-wave sources
- THz spectroscopic database
Backward terahertz parametric oscillator（left） and organic nonlinear crystals（right）
- Yoshikiyo Moriguchi, Yu Tokizane, Yuma Takida, Kouji Nawata, Shigenori Nagano, Manabu Sato, Taiichi Otsuji, and Hiroaki Minamide, "Frequency-agile injection-seeded terahertz-wave parametric generation," Optics Letters, Vol. 45, Issue 1, pp. 77-80, (2020).
- Cyril Bernerd, Patricia Segonds, Jérôme Debray, Jean-François Roux, Emilie Hérault, Jean-Louis Coutaz, Ichiro Shoji, Hiroaki Minamide, Hiromasa Ito, Dominique Lupinski, Kevin Zawilski, Peter Schunemann, Xinyuan Zhang, Jiyang Wang, Zhanggui Hu, and Benoît Boulanger, “Evaluation of eight nonlinear crystals for phase-matched TeraHertz second-order difference-frequency generation at room temperature,” Optical Materials Express, Vol. 10, No. 2, PP. 561-576, (2020).
- Mio Koyama, Hiromasa Ito, Takashi Notake, Hiroaki Minamide, “Second-order Nonlinear Coefficient measurement by a Tunable Continuous-Wave Pump Laser,” The Review of Laser Engineering, Vol. 48, No. 9, pp.374-380, (2019).
- Takashi Notake, Masahiro Takeda, Shuji Okada, Takuya Hosobata, Yutaka Yamagata and Hiroaki Minamide "Characterization of all second-order nonlinear-optical coefficients of organic N-benzyl-2-methyl-4-nitroaniline crystal," Scientific Reports, volume 9, Article number: 14853, (2019).
- Y. Takida, T. Ikeo, K. Nawata, Y. Wada, Y. Higashi, and H. Minamide, “Terahertz differential absorption spectroscopy using multifurcated subnanosecond microchip laser,” Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 115, Issue 12, 121102, (2019).
|Hiroaki Minamide||Team Leader|
|Takashi Notake||Research Scientist|
|Kouji Nawata||Research Scientist|
|Yuma Takida||Research Scientist|
|Yu Tokizane||Research Scientist|
|Zhengli Han||Research Scientist|
|Seigo Ohno||Visiting Scientist|
|Yoshikiyo Moriguchi||Visiting Scientist|