Neutron Beam Technology Team
RIKEN has developed accelerator-driven compact pulse neutron systems for practical use in industrial applications and non-destructive infrastructure inspection. They are called RIKEN accelerator-driven compact neutron source (RANS) and RANS2. RANS has succeeded to develop non-destructive inspection methods with slow and fast neutrons. One is the visualization method of the corrosion and its related water movement of painted steels and the analytical method of the quantitative estimation of the water movement in the painted steels, the other is the neutron engineering diffractometer for the texture evaluation and the austenite volume fraction estimation of iron and steel. The others are the fast neutron imaging applications. Novel reflected neutron imaging method to see through the fracture in the concrete slab has been successfully developed. The compact neutron system is expected to be widely used on-site.
Physics, Engineering, Interdisciplinary science and engineering
Accelerator-based compact neutron system, Characterization of microstructure and texture evaluation in steels, Research and development of non-destructive inspection for infrastructures, Visualization of water and air hole in concrete slabs, Detection of salt damage in the concrete by prompt-gamma neutron activation analysis
- Research and development of compact neutron system for practical use at anytime, anywhere
- Realization of the on-site use compact neutron system
- Non-destructive test technology for infrastructure
- Characterization of microstructure in steels by compact neutron source
The future imaging of compact neutron non-destructive test system on-site
- Kobayashi, T., Ikeda, S., Otake, Y., Ikeda, Y., and Hayashizaki, N.: “Completion of a new accelerator-driven compact neutron source prototype RANS-II for on-site use” , NUCL INSTRUM METH PHYS RES A Vol.994, 165091 pp1-6 (2021).
- 藤田訓裕, 岩本ちひろ, 高梨宇宙, 大竹淑恵, 野田秀作, 井田博之.: “散乱中性子を用いた床版内欠陥の非破壊検査システム” , Proceedings of The 11th Symposium on Decks of Highway Bridge JSCE pp47-52 (2020).
- Otake, Y.: “RIKEN Accelerator-driven compact neutron systems” , EPJ Web Conf. 8th International Meeting of Union for Compact Accelerator-Driven Neutron Sources (UCANS-8) Vol. 23, 01009 pp1-5 (2020).
- Wakabayashi, Y., Hashiguchi, T., Yoshimura, Y., Mizuta, M., Ikeda, Y., and Otake, Y.: “Study of a collimation method as a nondestructiv diagnostic diagnostic technique by PGNAA for salt distribution in concrete structures at RANS” , EPJ Web Conf. 8th International Meeting of Union for Compact Accelerator-Driven Neutron Sources (UCANS-8) vol.231, 05007 pp1-7 (2020).
- Xu, P.G., Ikeda, Y., Hakoyama, T., Takamura, M., Otake, Y., and Suzuki, H.: “In-house texture measurement using a compact neutron source” , J Appl Crystallogr Vol.53, pp444-454 (2020).
|Yoshie Otake||Team Leader|
|Atsushi Taketani||Deputy Team Leader|
|Masato Takamura||Senior Scientist|
|Tomohiro Kobayashi||Senior Research Scientist|
|Yasuo Wakabayashi||Research Scientist|
|Maki Mizuta||Research Scientist|
|Takaoki Takanashi||Research Scientist|
|Kunihiro Fujita||Research Scientist|
|Chihiro Iwamoto||Research Scientist|
|Mingfei Yan||Postdoctoral Researcher|
|Shota Ikeda||Postdoctoral Researcher|
|Makoto Fujino||Visiting Scientist|
|Makoto Goto||Technical Staff Ⅱ|
|Yoshio Matsuzaki||Technical Staff Ⅱ|
|Haruhiko Hashikura||Technical Staff Ⅱ|